Day 3 (continued): Monday, April 25, 2016
Strolled back through Golden Gate Park via shaded forest pathways.
Spotted this charming bust of Cervantes with Don Quixote and Sancho Panza kneeling before him in tribute. Someone had placed a plastic vase full of red roses there.
Popped into the Irish bar on Haight and enjoyed a Bloody Mary by the window. Excellent people-watching.
Then Tim & Alex & I hopped the outbound N train to have lunch at San Tung. We got those green beans I loved last time – they’ve been haunting me. Plus a plate of mushu pork with wraps and Hoisin sauce, and the highlight of the meal: Chicken Wings. And not just ANY wings. San Tung’s wings are consistently voted the best wings in San Francisco.
Popped into a Sanrio shop across the street while waiting for the train back. Picked up a darling little Amuse bird beanbag key fob.
Sutro Tower is always a constant landmark.
In the evening, the inbound N train took us back to the Castro district. Our destination: Super Duper Burgers for dinner. Delicious comfort food.
Walked up Noe back to the station. Such a beautiful (expensive!) neighborhood. The impossibly wide sidewalks feature these darling little parklets, one on each corner.
At the Duboce and Noe station, we sat and waited. And waited. Aaaaaand waited. Must have been at least 30 minutes. The train was late, but we finally got home, too late to contemplate watching a movie. I made a couple of phone calls, to Rich and my mom, and checked email before hitting the sack.
Quick Navigation Guide:
- Day 1: Arrival – Sushi Boats – Castro District
- Day 2: First Full Day – Exploring Lower Haight – Ice Cream Bar
- Day 3 (part 1): Japanese Gardens at Golden Gate Park
- Day 3 (part 2): Wings at San Tung – Parklets on Noe – Super Duper Burgers (you are here)
- Day 4 (part 1): Land’s End – Sutro Baths Ruins
- Day 4 (part 2): Hobson’s Choice Victorian punch house – Carnitas taco dinner party
- Day 5 (part 1): Lunch with an Old Friend – Alcatraz Island
- Day 5 (part 2): Japantown – Ramen with Friends & Day 6 – Travel Home
- 2015 San Francisco Travelogue – Day 1